Ridgefield Info & Attractions
Ridgefield Area Info & Attractions
Ridgefield Apartments is just minutes from downtown Ridgefield, CT. Take a stroll down Main Street and quaint village where there are plenty of shops, restaurants and activities for all ages. Beechtree Manor is directly across the street from Stop and Shop, Kohls, and Copps Hill Marketplace.
Spend an afternoon walking and enjoying the many facets of downtown Ridgefield – ice cream, clothing shops, jewelry, unique gifts, toy shops. Do some banking, visit the post office or hardware store, drugstore, enjoy a meal, coffee or a drink. Visit a museum, have a picnic lunch in Ballard Park. It’s all here in beautiful Ridgefield CT!
Experience the world class dining offered in Ridgefield and surrounding areas. From business meals to romantic dinners to family dining, you’ll find it all here just minutes from your apartment in Ridgefield CT.
- Southwest Café (Southwest, Santa Fe, Mexican) 109 Danbury Rd. – www.southwestcafe.com
- Bartolo (Italian) 103 Danbury Rd. – (203) 894-8141
- Luc’s Cafe & Restaurant (French) 3 Big Shop Ln. – www.lucscafe.com
- Bailey’s Backyard (American) – 23 Bailey Ave. – www.baileysbackyard.com
- Dimitri’s Diner – 16 Prospect St. – www.dimitrisdiner.com
- Early Bird Café (Breakfast/Lunch) 88 Danbury Rd. – www.earlybirdcafect.com
- Bernard’s Inn At Ridgefield (French) – 20 West Ln. – www.bernardsridgefield.com
- Terrasole Ristorante (Italian) – 3 Big Shop Ln. – www.terrasoleridgefield.com
- Ross’ Bread (Coffee) – 109 Danbury Rd. – http://rossbread.com
- Sucre Sale (Coffee) – 103 Danbury Rd. – chezsucresale.com
From Ridgefield’s Main Street shops to shopping at Copps Hill Marketplace or Copps Hill Plaza, anything you want can be found in the quaint village of Ridgefield, CT.
Food & Groceries
- Stop & Shop Supermarket – 125 Danbury Rd.
- Ross’ Bread – 109 Danbury Rd. – www.rossbread.com
- Ridgefield Organics – (Natural Foods) 109 Danbury Rd. www.ridgefieldorganics.com
- no. 109 Cheese and Wine – 109 Danbury Rd. – www.109cheeseandwine.com
- Milillo Farms – 424 Main St.
- The Cake Box – 1 Big Shop Lane – www.thecakeboxofct.com
Arts & Entertainment
- ACT of CT – 36 Old Quarry Rd.- www.actofct.org
- Aldrich Museum – 258 Main St. – www.aldrichart.org
- Ridgefield Playhouse – 80 East Ridge – www.ridgefieldplayhouse.org
- Ridgefield Theater Barn – 37 Halpin Lane – ridgefieldtheaterbarn.org
- The Prospector Theater – 25 Prospect St – www.prospectortheater.org
- Ridgefield Library – 472 Main St – www.ridgefieldlibrary.org
- Ridgefield Chamber of Commerce – 9 Bailey Ave. – www.ridgefieldchamber.org
- Thrown Stone Theatre Company – 440 Main St.- www.thrownstone.org
Parks & Recreation
- Bark Park for dogs and their humans, 60 Prospect Ridge
- Ballard Park (includes children’s playground), Main Street
- Golf – Ridgefield Golf Course, 545 Ridgebury Rd. – ridgefieldgc.com
- Founders Hall (“active” senior center) – 193 Danbury Rd. – www.founders-hall.org
- RVNA 90 East Ridge – www.ridgefieldvna.org
- Meals on Wheels 25 Gilbert St. – mealsonwheelsofridgefield.org
- Ridgefield Running Company 88 Danbury Rd. – www.ridgefieldrunning.com
- Ridgefield Bicycle Company 88 Danbury Rd. – www.ridgefieldbicycle.com
The Ridgefield public school system is among the best in the country. GreatSchools.net says of the Ridgefield CT school district: “A larger number of schools in this district have students who are making more academic progress than their peers at other schools in the state. (2019)
Ridgefield Board of Education: Ridgefield Public Schools, 70 Prospect Street – (203) 431-2800
The Town of Ridgefield
Ridgefield CT was founded in 1708 and is rich in history. The town is a destination for strolling on Main Street, lined with stately homes, many dining options and shops of every variety. Come for the day and see why Ridgefield consistently wins accolades from publications like CT Magazine’s Best Places to Live; GreatSchools.net and great reviews on dining (Connecticut Magazine, Best Restaurants 2013). For more information about Ridgefield area info & attractions contact us!
Official Web Site: http://www.ridgefieldct.org
Places of Worship
- St Stephen’s Episcopal Church – 351 Main St, Ridgefield, CT – ststephensridgefield.org
- St Mary’s Roman Catholic Church – Parish Office 55 Catoonah St, Ridgefield, CT – stmarysridgefield.org
- First Congregational Church of Ridgefield – 103 Main St, Ridgefield, CT – www.firstcongregational.com
- Jesse Lee Memorial United Methodist Church: 207 Main St, Ridgefield, CT – www.jesseleechurch.com
- St Andrew’s Lutheran Church: 6 Ivy Hill Rd, Ridgefield, CT – www.standrewselca.com/about-us.html
- Ridgefield Baptist Church – 325 Danbury Rd, Ridgefield, CT – www.ridgefieldbaptist.org
- Ridgebury Congregational Church – 605 Ridgebury Rd, Ridgefield, CT – ridgebury.wix.com/rcc1
- St Elizabeth Seton Church – 520 Ridgebury Rd, Ridgefield, CT – www.sesparish.org
- Christian Science Church – 260 Main St, Ridgefield, CT – www.christiansciencect.org/church-ridgefield
- Temple Shearith Israel (Jewish – Reform) – 46 Peaceable St, Ridgefield CT – tsiridgefield.org
The town of Ridgefield, the Ridgefield Chamber of Commerce and select business community members frequently host special events around holidays and to celebrate special occasions. To get more news on Ridgefield area info & attractions or current or upcoming events visit: